Saturday 29 June 2013

Day 23.


Our friend hosted a little market shindig last night at her cafe, Fred's, and we went along for some mulled wine, beef stew, and vintage threads. Okay, so the clothes shopping was just for me. And the stew and wine was just for Chris. We both got what we wanted, haha. 
It was really awesome, there were all these other cool young fams. None as young as us, but we've come to expect that, haha. It was really comforting to be able to relate to some people that were only a few years older than us, as apposed to 15 years older. I've just noticed that parents that are a lot older than us tend to lecture us a lot more on how to be parents. Which is hilarious because raising a child is so completely individual and tailor made. I think it's so important that we make decisions that are perfect for us, not because some stranger told us that we shouldn't do it or because it's not the most common way.
I have noticed when other mothers ask me how I am finding it so far, they look at me as if they think I'm lying when I tell them that I am actually just enjoying it. No complaints. We get a lot of sleep, she never cries, she feeds well. No hitches so far. 
They look at me as if they are hoping that I come across some big hurdles later down the line, because I'm not supposed to be enjoying it this much. It's not SUPPOSED to be easy, is the message I get all the time.
Don't get me wrong, there have been a handful of times where I haven't had the opportunity to shower for two days straight, & my house is definitely always a chaotic mess. We have had pizza for dinner several times now. The thing is, I just don't mind if it takes me an entire day to do one sink full of dishes, because there is constantly a hungry baby demanding my attention. I much prefer to spend my time snuggling in bed with her than worrying about my untouched to do list. I think it's easy if you allow it to be.
This isn't supposed to be a rant against other women or mothers, because the majority of everyone I talk to is actually incredible. It's a rant against people putting their ideals on to you, when they really don't need to. 
Thank-you all for reading and supporting ! It's so nice to be given such kind feedback.
Sorry that I got so far behind in the project, we haven't had internet so I'm just uploading when I get the opportunity. 


Oh, and a photo of matching outfits and cuddles.


No comments:

Post a Comment